Welcome to Dish ("Dish", "we", "us" or "our"). Dish provides an easy, intuitive and efficient way to find, add and rate dishes.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. Information we collect
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to the following:
Information you provide us directly
- Your e-mail address and access token when you register for an Dish account using your Google or Facebook account.
- Profile information (e.g. First Name, Last Name) from the social login provider.
- User Content (e.g. Ratings, Photos and Venues) that you post to the Service.
- Communication between you and Dish. For example we may send you Service-related emails (e.g. email verification, changes / updates for the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
- Your email if you sign up to any newsletters on the web site.
- Your profile information if you have signed up to the Service using Facebook.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device to our Service, including the web pages you visit on our web site, screens you visit on our mobile app, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted e.g. when a review was submitted.
2. How we use your information
We may also uses your information to:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
- Provide, improve, test and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns.
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
3. Sharing of your information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Dish (or the group of companies which Dish is a part of) without your consent, except as noted in this policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
We may share your information with suppliers listed on the Service e.g. number of times their profile has been viewed and favourited. This will be done anonymously and no personal details will be shared which could identify you.
We may share your information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organisations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
Any reviews you leave on the Service will be publicly searchable. If you would like to remove any reviews, you can do so by contacting us via the details listed at the end of this policy.
If you remove information that you've posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service.
Responding to legal request and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests outside of the United Kingdom, consistent with internationally recognised standards. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. How we store your information
Storage and processing
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country in which Dish, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Dish, its Affiliates or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdictions around the world.
- All information is stored and accessed using commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure. However, Dish cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Dish or guarantee information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Dish, at all times.
5. Your choices about your information
Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
If you would like to have your account removed, you can contact Dish via the details listed at the end of this policy.
6. Other web sites and services
8. How to contact us about a deceased user
In the event of the death of an Dish User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Service please contact Dish via email firstname.lastname@example.org